Even though Baobab has been used for centuries throughout Africa, it is now starting to hit other markets and gain a great deal of popularity as a superfruit. Baobab powder can be used in baking, sauce and for smoothies. This is a recipe for baobab drink
- 2 tablespoons of Baobab powder
- 300 g of Milk / Milk powder
- Natural Spices (5 pcs of cloves, 1 large piece of ginger, 5 pieces of black peppercorns)
- 5 tbsp of Sugar/ Honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of Flavour (vanilla or strawberry essence)
- Place 2 tablespoons of baobab powder in a bowl and mix with water. Set mixture aside for it to dissolve properly.
- Blend ginger, cloves and black peppercorns and extract liquid.
- Sieve the baobab mixture to remove lumps and fibre for a smooth drink.
- Add natural spices (ginger, cloves, black peppercorns) extract to the sieved baobab mixture.
- Add honey or sugar, milk and flavour to your taste.
- Best served chilled.